E Sciences is an engineering, environmental and ecological consulting firm offering excellent benefits, competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth to energetic and dynamic individuals. We promote a team approach geared toward achieving professional goals balanced with the flexibility to pursue personal interests. We provide our staff with the opportunity to have direct influence on their career path. If you are a highly motivated self-starter, we can offer you a progressive environment to grow your career. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
We are currently seeking dedicated individuals to fill the positions listed below. If you are interested in joining the E Sciences Team, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407.481.9627. EOE
South Florida Positions
Water Resource Engineer
Want to join a dynamic team of outstanding professionals in tackling some of South Florida’s most critical environmental challenges? E Sciences is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer. The right candidate will primarily support projects in our Miami office, but will have the opportunity to work on projects statewide. This position offers an opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects that involve coastal flood mitigation, stormwater retrofit/drainage system design, living shorelines, water quality improvements, wetland mitigation and more. The candidate for this position would be responsible for stormwater management and drainage design plans, reports, and permitting; hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality modeling; NPDES and TMDL permit implementation support and environmental permitting in accordance with FDOT, water management districts, and local municipal standards.
E Sciences offers an opportunity to work closely with a multidisciplinary team of talented engineers and scientists to support statewide projects for state agency, municipal, mining, and private sector clients. Our firm provides opportunities for driven, entrepreneurial individuals to shape their professional growth and develop an engineering career path that is right for them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Civil/Environmental engineering related discipline;
- At least 4 years work experience within the field of civil/environmental engineering specializing in water resources design specific to municipal stormwater improvements or other related experience;
- More than four years of experience a plus.
- Requires AutoCAD and plan development experience, Autodesk Civil 3D experience preferred;
- Requires strong computer skills, MS Office products, and familiarity with ArcGIS;
- Familiarity with Water Management and FDEP requirements
- A desire to work on challenging hydrologic restoration projects: wetland restoration, development of biological BMPs, urban filter marshes, and challenging sea level rise projects (SLR), etc;
- A desire to work on innovative and challenging urban stormwater solutions: stormwater retrofits, green infrastructure, isolated residential flooding, hydraulic/hydrologic modeling projects, SLR, and other flood control and/or water quality improvement projects;
- A desire to work with large-scale and/or small-scale water quality projects including water quality master plans, feasibility studies, permitting assessments, water quality models, water quality monitoring, and coordination with stakeholders.
- Good written and oral communication skills with clients, co-workers, and regulators;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Florida Professional Engineer – or ability to obtain FL-PE within 6 months
- Project experience with municipal clients
- Engineering specifications preparation
- Preparing permit packages for local, SJRWMD, SFWMD, SWFWMD, FDEP, and USACE agencies
- Experience inspecting stages of construction at active jobsites
- Watershed delineation and modeling experience
- Experience with NPDES Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permits and Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of ICPR 4, HEC-HMS, EPA SWMM and/or HEC-RAS;
E Sciences, Incorporated is seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk in our Dania Beach office. This is an entry-level position. A high school diploma is required. Bilingual a plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Able to work effectively with co-workers as a team player
- Aid Accountant in all areas of the department
- Numerical and alphabetical Filing
Central Florida Positions
E Sciences, Incorporated has an immediate opening for a Scheduler in our DeLand/Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4+ years of experience and a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Business. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Independently develops new project schedules for moderately complex FDOT transportation related projects using scheduling software
- Maintains project schedule including progress updates
- Revises forecasts and evaluates impact of delay
- Communicates status of schedule and key risk areas to members of project management team
- Performs schedule risk analysis, including quantitative risk analysis
- Performs schedule analysis to include critical activities, risk areas, key milestones and significant changes to schedule.
- Understand and implement accepted Planning & Scheduling Best Practices
- Ability to receive, incorporate and communicate updates from multiple Project Managers
- Create and distribute regular updates on multiple projects.
- Develops “what if” scenarios to explore alternate sequencing in order to mitigate or avoid schedule delays
- Inform management of abnormal or critical situations such as activities delaying or impacting the critical path.
- Preforms contemporaneous schedule analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience
- Primavera P6 experience
- PMI Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) is a preference, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or Business from an accredited college or university
- In lieu of education, 8 years of project control experience
- High level of coordination and interaction with other team members, project professionals, and local, state and federal regulatory personnel
- Ability to work independently within Client’s office to support project managers on a variety of simultaneous projects
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong understanding of FDOT processes highly desirable
E Sciences provides a generous benefit package that includes:
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Roth IRA option
- 529 college savings plan
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Professional training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Licensure assistance
The following are also available on an optional basis, with half of the premiums being paid by the company:
- Dental insurance
- Short-term disability